Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Can't Leave

So, I go to the house probably 4 times a week on average. Sometimes I go to answer questions about what goes where, or ask questions about what's next... sometimes I just go to soak it all in. It doesn't matter if I go to the house for a couple quick questions or just for a quick peak, but I end up staying for half an hour or an hour. I walk from one room to the next, and back again. I'll just stand in the Master Bath with a huge grin on my face. I tell myself, "OK gotta go now" Then I end up standing in the main bath for 15 minutes. I'll stare at the slate, trying to find my favorite pieces, or just open and close the cabinet drawers. Then I'll shake myself free and say, "OK gotta go now." But I'll end up in the new bathroom upstairs touching the tiles...

I just can't leave. Good thing, cause we're moving there in a month!

OK, so here's an update since the last post. Most of the tile is in now, the bath vanities are in and there's paint going onto the doors and walls. Here's the pictorial history.

The master.

First, here's the floor tile. Still kind of messy with all the install dust.


Now it's cleaned up a little and the cabinets are installed. Also, the shower pan and curb is all tiled.

Here it is with the shower surround all complete. The accent tile will continue over the cabinets as the backsplash. All we need are countertops.


Here is a close up of the accent tile in the shower.


The new bath

First here's the floor tile. Again, it's messy due to being early in the process.



And here's a closer look.


Here's Chris the tile guy putting in the shower surround and accent.


And finally here's the tile all done. Still needs to be cleaned up a bit. But it gives a good idea of what the New Bathroom looks like.


Main Level Bath

They started here by putting up the shower surround.


Here's a close up. See the variation in the slate? We love our slate! See why I end up standing around choosing my favorite pieces... Also I love that Damon, our contractor, knows that we like unique tiles and tries to use the cool ones in highly visible places. Thanks!


Then they moved onto the floors. And dropped in the cabinets.


Then they did the grout and put all of the drawers and doors on the cabinets. Can't wait to see this one all done.


So this is really hard to describe, but here's a picture of where we are going to do a little tile inlay. See the "missing" tiles? There will be bamboo flooring there, and the tiles that are "supposed" to be there will be "drifting" away - inlaid into the bamboo down the hall towards the camera a little. If this doesn't make sense, just wait a few weeks and we'll show you the finished product.


OK, so that's all for now. More soon.

Tom

No comments: